Our 7 day lesson plan follows right along with the Manual for Week 2: Come, Follow Me - For Individuals and Families: New Testament 2019 - January 7–13 Matthew 1; Luke 1 “Be It unto Me according to Thy Word” Printable Lesson Packet
- Day 1 is a longer lesson and will take 30-60 minutes depending on how much your family likes to discuss! This will be similar to a traditional Family Home Evening. Begin with a prayer and choose a song if your family likes to sing. Sunday would be a great day to choose as Day 1, but pick which day works best for your family.
- Day 2 this week includes a Family Tree printable and movie suggestion. If you have teenagers, this would also be a good time to learn more about how to do your genealogy if you haven't already started as a family. Make a plan to find names and set a date to take them to the temple!
- Days 3-7 should take about 5-10 minutes. We are calling these our "mini devotionals!" They can be guided by the parents, or assign a day to each member of the family. Choose a time to have your devotionals - breakfast, family prayer, driving around in the car - whichever works best for you! Have the person prepared to start the devotional and prepare any printables that you will be using. Not every day will have a printable or an activity. Some days are just discussion questions. Don't stress if you skip a day, just move onto the next or combine days! We encourage you, as parents, to read the suggested scriptures each week ahead of your family. This will help you be prepared to guide the devotionals and be ready for questions that are asked.
- QR Codes: This week's lesson contains 3 QR codes that will take straight to the Bible Videos on LDS.org. You can use your camera on your phone to scan the QR codes. The links are also included if you're not printing the lesson plan - just click on the name of the video and it will take you there! What I love about the Bible Videos is they use the words right from the scriptures. There's nothing more added. So these would be perfect to show especially if you have little ones that can't read yet or you just want to mix up your scripture study a bit!
All printables include black and white versions!
8.5"x11" pages for easy at-home printing!
This week's printables includes:
- 7 Day Lesson Plan
- Worksheet and Memory game to help you teach your family about Zachariah, Elisabeth, Mary, Joseph, and the Angel.
- My Family Tree printable
- Mary and Elisabeth coloring page
Please add email@example.com to your email contacts. You will receive 2 emails once you have finished your purchase. The first one will be a receipt, the second email will contain your download link. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems getting your link.
THIS IS INCLUDED WITH ALL PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS already - no need to purchase if you have a subscription. Save money and become a member! Click here for more info.