- Day 1 is a longer lesson and will take 30-60 minutes depending on how much your family likes to discuss! This will be similar to a traditional Family Home Evening. Begin with a prayer and choose a song if your family likes to sing. Sunday would be a great day to choose as Day 1, but pick which day works best for your family. (It was hard for me to convey how awesome this chapter is in the lesson packet! This is actually one of my favorite chapters in all of the scriptures. I love the phrase "come and see!" It can take on so many different levels. I picture the apostles running to the next one with excitement, saying "come and see! It's the one we've been waiting for!" I wrote an Instagram post about this chapter about a year ago. After learning more about it in a Stake Conference talk, all I could think about was my teenage daughter who had become inactive. All the fighting and crying over the years, and all I wanted her to do was "come and see!" Just come to church and you will "see!" When we have testimonies and are converted, what is the first thing we want to do? We want to share it with those we love! That's exactly what the apostles did in John chapter 1! They were so excited and wanted to share that joy with their friends and family.)
- Days 2-7 should take about 5-10 minutes. We are calling these our "mini devotionals!" They can be guided by the parents, or assign a day to each member of the family. Choose a time to have your devotionals - breakfast, family prayer, driving around in the car - whichever works best for you! Have the person prepared to start the devotional and prepare any printables that you will be using. Not every day will have a printable or an activity. Some days are just discussion questions. Don't stress if you skip a day, just move onto the next or combine days! We encourage you, as parents, to study the suggested scriptures each week ahead of your family. This will help you be prepared to guide the devotionals and be ready for questions that are asked.
- QR Codes: This week's lesson contains 3 QR codes: two of them are different object lessons on missionary work and one will take you to Preach My Gospel to learn more about the Plan of Salvation. You can use your camera on your phone to scan the QR codes. The links are also included if you're not printing the lesson plan - just click on the name of the words next to the QR code and it will take you there!
All printables include black and white versions! (Except the "God Needs Brave Sons" Posters)
8.5"x11" pages for easy at-home printing!
This week's printables includes:
- 7 Day Lesson Plan
- "Come and See" poster and coloring page, along with object lesson
- Truths of Jesus Christ worksheet
- Scripture Inserts to write down testimony of the Savior
- 18 Missionary Role Play cards
- The Plan of Salvation worksheets in 2 sizes, plus a blank one. Also includes images of a white family and a black family if you'd like to demonstrate the family moving throughout the diagram
- "God Needs Brave Sons" 8.5"x11" poster in 2 designs. Also includes one of the designs with two 4"x6" size on a page
Please add [email protected] to your email contacts. You will receive 2 emails once you have finished your purchase. The first one will be a receipt, the second email will contain your download link. Please email i[email protected] if you have any problems getting your link.
THIS IS INCLUDED WITH ALL PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS already - no need to purchase if you have a subscription. Save money and become a member! Click here for more info.