Our 7 day lesson plan follows right along with the Manual: Come, Follow Me for Families and Individuals--New Testament 2019" February 25-March 3; Matthew 6-7
We have designed these packets to be used for families of ALL ages! There are activities and coloring pages for the little ones, and there are worksheets, activities, and discussion questions for older children and teens!
This week we will continue learning about the Sermon on the Mount. We have broken up the sermon into 11 sections and have included teaching ideas for each one throughout the week.
- Day 1: is a longer lesson and will take 30-60 minutes depending on how much your family likes to discuss! This will be similar to a traditional Family Home Evening. Begin with a prayer and choose a song if your family likes to sing. Sunday would be a great day to choose as Day 1, but pick which day works best for your family. The lesson this day is on what Jesus teaches us about prayer in the Sermon on the Mount.
- Days 2-7: should take about 10-15 minutes (sometimes longer depending on your family.) We are calling these our "mini devotionals!" This week's mini devotionals include 1-2 of the themes found in the Sermon on the Mount each day. They can be guided by the parents, or assign a day to each member of the family. Choose a time to have your devotionals - breakfast, family prayer, driving around in the car - whichever works best for you! Have the person prepared to start the devotional and prepare any printables that you will be using. Not every day will have a printable or an activity. Some days are just discussion questions. Don't stress if you skip a day, just move onto the next or combine days! We encourage you, as parents, to study the suggested scriptures each week ahead of your family. This will help you be prepared to guide the devotionals and be ready for questions that are asked.
- QR Codes: This week's lesson contains many QR codes: They contain ideas, videos, talks, articles in The Friend magazine, object lessons, etc. to help you learn about each Beatitude..
- To use the QR Codes: You will scan the QR codes using your phone or iPad. The best way to figure out if your device can read QR Codes is to open your Camera app and point it steady for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan. Whenever scanning is enabled, a notification will appear. If nothing happens, you may have to go to your Settings app and enable QR Code scanning. If QR Codes isn’t an option in your settings, your device unfortunately can’t scan QR Codes natively. But don’t worry, this only means you’ll have to download a third-party QR Code reader app. If your camera isn't working on the QR code, just go to your APP store and download a QR Scanner app. Then follow the instructions within the app.
- If you're not printing the main page, the QR codes are also clickable links! Open the PDF in your computer, click on any of the QR codes, and they will take you to the website.
Since we are all new to this manual, we are strongly encouraging any feedback, suggestions, comments, things you liked, etc. so we can improve our future lesson packets! Leave a comment below or feel free to email us at [email protected]. Our families will be using these packets right along with your families! Thank you!
All printables include black and white versions!
8.5"x11" pages for easy at-home printing!
This week's printables includes:
- 7 Day Lesson Plan that includes ideas for 11 of the themes found in The Sermon on the Mount
- 3 Object Lessons
- Sermon on the Mount poster and coloring page
- True Disciples poster
- The Lord's Prayer worksheet
- 21 Days of Prayer chart for teens
- "Don't Forget to Pray" door handle card
- Prayer worksheet with images to add to "I thank Thee" and "Please Bless" columns
- "For where your treasure is..." worksheet and poster and scripture glue-ins
Please add [email protected] to your email contacts. You will receive 2 emails once you have finished your purchase. The first one will be a receipt, the second email will contain your download link. Please email i[email protected] if you have any problems getting your link.
You can also sign up for a free membership for instant download. Make sure you are logged in when you order. Then click on "My Account" in the toolbar and click on "My Orders." You can download your purchases instantly!
THIS IS INCLUDED WITH ALL PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS already - no need to purchase if you have a subscription. Save money and become a member! Click here for more info.