Gordon B. Hinckley Chapter 3: Cultivating an Attitude of Happiness and a Spirit of Optimism
- Quarter Page Handouts
- Half Page Handouts
- Scripture Cards
- Notes Page
- Black & White Lesson Helps
- Editable Journal Pages - You can add your own questions in Word to this editable journal page! (Beginning with Chapter 8, we will be using Google Docs instead of Word for the editable Journal Page) Open in Word, then type in your questions in the sections that say "Type your question here"
- 4x6 and 5x7 JPGs. These are perfect for you to print the handouts at a print shop!
(Does your Relief Society have a Facebook page or a weekly email? A great and simple way to use the handout is to post it to your RS Facebook page or send it with your email. Simply click on the handout photo. Right click to save-as. Now it is saved to your computer and you can upload it onto Facebook or email!)
This is not an all inclusive power point, but a starting point for you to use and add to what you'd like for your lesson. Add your favorite quotes, scriptures to look up, images, etc. If you have suggestions of what we could add to each power point, please don't hesitate to let us know! (Some images in this Power Point are from LDS.org)
The Power Points can be very large files because of the videos that are in them. Please be patient when downloading.
You could start your lesson with a glass half full of water. This is an obvious one, but still very effective! Ask for volunteers to say whether they see a class half full or half empty. Why do we sometimes ignore the blessings and only see the negative? And why are there some people who see the positive and the not the negative? If we are a "glass half empty" person, what can we do to change our attitudes and outlook on life?
Recent Conference Talks:
- "The Joy of Living a Christ-Centered Life" Elder Richard J. Maynes
- "Be of Good Cheer" President Thomas S. Monson
- "Come What May, and Love It" Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
- "Finding Joy in the Journey" President Thomas S. Monson
- "Happiness, Your Heritage" President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
LESSON HELPS FROM AROUND THE WEB:
(Each of the following websites offer ideas and helps for the Gordon B. Hinckley lessons. They don't always post in a timely manner though! I link to these websites in the hope that they will post in time for you to get the help for your lesson, but I have no control over when they post.)
Click here to subscribe to our Relief Society Membership!