Our 7 day lesson plan follows right along with the Manual: Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families: Book of Mormon 2020 January Week 4: January 20–26 1 Nephi 11–15 “Armed with Righteousness and with the Power of God”
We have designed these packets to be used for families of ALL ages! There are activities and coloring pages for the little ones, and there are worksheets, activities, and discussion questions for older children and teens!
Come, Follow Me Made Easy for Families!
- Day 1: is a longer lesson and will take 30-45 minutes depending on how much your family likes to discuss! This will be similar to a traditional Family Home Evening. Begin with a prayer and choose a song if your family likes to sing. This year the Church has included a list of Suggested Music for Families. They can be found HERE . Sunday would be a great day to choose as Day 1, but pick which day works best for your family. The lesson this day is focusing on 1 Nephi 11 and Nephi's vision of the Tree of Life.
- Printables Include:
- Scripture Search worksheet that can be used for the whole family. This will help you each find evidences of God's love in the Tree of Life vision
- Tree of Life Memory Game - 8 cards are included (make sure to print this page twice to have matches!)
- Days 2-7: should take about 10-15 minutes (sometimes longer depending on your family.) We have broken up each day to teach about different topics in 1 Nephi 12-15. We have broken up the days so that you can read all of 1 Nephi 11-15 during the week.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe card that includes some interesting ingredients! This object lesson will help your children understand why we need the Bible and the Book of Mormon
- "Armed with Righteousness and the Power of God" activity page to help your children write down their goals from the Children and Youth Program. It can also be used as a coloring page for your little children (includes a boy and girl version)
- Children and Youth goal sheet that can be used in place of the above worksheet. This one has the images from the pamphlet from the Church and can be used all year long! (includes a boy and girl version)
- 1 Nephi 15:11 Scripture poster
- 1 Nephi 15:11 Scripture cards that can be used as handouts, scripture glue-ins, or on your bulletin board!
- The main instruction page of our packet is divided into 7 days of devotionals, all on one page. This will help you have easy reference to the instructions for each day. They can be guided by the parents, or assign a day to each member of the family. Choose a time to have your devotionals - breakfast, family prayer, driving around in the car - whichever works best for you! Have the person prepared to start the devotional and prepare any printables that you will be using. Not every day will have a printable or an activity. Some days are just discussion questions. Don't stress if you skip a day, just move onto the next or combine days! We encourage you, as parents, to study the suggested scriptures each week ahead of your family. This will help you be prepared to guide the devotionals and be ready for questions that are asked.
- QR Codes: This week's lesson contains several QR codes:
- To use the QR Codes: You will scan the QR codes using your phone or iPad. The best way to figure out if your device can read QR Codes is to open your Camera app and point it steady for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan. Whenever scanning is enabled, a notification will appear. If nothing happens, you may have to go to your Settings app and enable QR Code scanning. If QR Codes isn’t an option in your settings, your device unfortunately can’t scan QR Codes natively. But don’t worry, this only means you’ll have to download a third-party QR Code reader app. If your camera isn't working on the QR code, just go to your APP store and download a QR Scanner app. Then follow the instructions within the app.
- If you're not printing the main page, the QR codes are also clickable links! Open the PDF in your computer, click on any of the QR codes, and they will take you to the website.
Please add [email protected] to your email contacts. You will receive 2 emails once you have finished your purchase. The first one will be a receipt, the second email will contain your download link. Please email i[email protected] if you have any problems getting your link. (We are having issues with Comcast emails being undeliverable. If you have a Comcast email, please use a different email or follow the instructions below to make a free account to download instantly. You must be logged in BEFORE ordering to download instantly.)
You can also sign up for a free membership for instant download. Make sure you are logged in when you order. Then click on "My Account" in the toolbar and click on "My Orders." You can download your purchases instantly!
THIS IS INCLUDED WITH ALL PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS already - no need to purchase if you have a subscription. Save money and become a member! Click here for more info.